Aquatics Teen/Adult Lessons - Platypus-Session 2Giammona Pool 131 Westmoor Avenue Daly City, CA 94015 Organized by City of Daly City
About this event
This activity is closed to further registration.
Teen/Adult Level 1: Platypus
Raises the comfort level, establishes natural buoyancy movement, and develops basic strokes.
The well-being of all patrons and employees is our top priority! Toward that end we will continue to evaluate our and revise our protocols as necessary based on the evolving nature of the state and local response to the global pandemic. We will make the changes necessary to maintain safety. Everyone is expected to abide by California, San Mateo County, and City of Daly City mandates which include, but are not limited to:
Anyone having illness or symptoms consistent with COVID-19 or other viral illnesses must not enter or participate in programs at Giammona Pool.
Anyone reminded to adhere to social distance requirements must be receptive and comply with anyone enforcing compliance.
All participants are strongly recommended to wear a face covering when entering the Giammona Pool at all times with the exception of in the pool.
We greatly appreciate your cooperation and understanding during this time of transition back to full-time operations…
Swim Lessons during the COVID-19 pandemic: one (1) parent or guardian is allowed to stay in the seated lane area. All others are allowed to sit in the upstairs bleacher area.
All swim lessons registrations MUST be made in advance via our online ACTIVE reservation system at www.dalycity.org/iplay. Note: Walk-ins & guests are not permitted.
The fee for Swim Lessons at Giammona Pool is $80 per person/resident and $95 per person/non-resident for a 30 minute time swim lesson.
Registrations can only be made in advance
Lessons swimmers will be assigned a lane when checking in the front desk.
If there is a cancellation, there are no refunds at this time. Only credits will be applied to the IPLAY account. To cancel a swim lesson, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
General COVID Rules
Patrons may participate during their reservation time and in their designated space/area (30 min block) and must leave their space/lane after their swim lessons time is expired.
Patrons are allowed entrance into the facility at their reservation time, no earlier.
Face coverings are strongly recommended indoors and outdoors except when swimming.
Sneezing or coughing must be done into one’s elbow or cloth/tissue, which must be discarded in regular trash immediately after use. Wash hand immediately after handling.
Spitting is not permitted at any time.
Congregating around the facility is not allowed.
A minimum of 6 feet or more physical distancing between individuals must be maintained in all areas of the facility.
Patrons are strongly encouraged to bring their own water bottle, towel, and swimming equipment.
Individuals must keep all personalized belongings and equipment with them or in their designated area and with their parent/guardian.
Giammona Pool will not provide users with borrowed equipment at this time. Kickboards will be the only equipment being offered at the pool.
Swimmers must avoid hanging on the wall for an extended period of time directly next to another swimmer.
Entry Check Instructions:
Swimmers are encouraged to come already dressed and ready to swim. Lockerooms will be open for changing.
1. Swimmers will enter through the front main doors and proceed to assigned social distance floor markers/area.
2. Swimmers will check in with staff for assigned lane/area.
3. Sanitize hands using the sanitation station at the front desk.
4. Go to assigned lane/area and set down personal items.
5. Safely enter the pool and begin lap swim using the center lane.
6. The lifeguard will blow the whistle when your time is expired. 1 min before your time ends.
Exiting Giammona Pool:
1. It is recommended that face masks are worn once getting out of the pool.
2. When exiting the pool, dry off immediately and exit through the side doors.
3. A sanitation station will be available to lap swimmers at the exit.
Restroom/Locker Room Access:
1. It is encouraged that swimmers rinse and changed before coming to the pool.
2. It is encouraged that swimmers shower at home after swimming at the pool.
3. Lockeroom, Showers and Restrooms will be open, but lockers will remain closed.
1. Giammona Pool Staff will disinfect both locker rooms after any usage and any high touch and traffic areas before and after swim times.
2. Pool deck and front desk areas will be cleaned by Giammona Pool and City Staff on a daily basis.
1. Giammona Pool will be providing only a disinfected kickboard to the lessons swimmers.
2. Lessons Swimmers are allowed to bring their own equipment.
Giammona Pool - Pool at Giammona Pool
February 06 - March 06, 2023
7:00 PM to 7:30 PM
Age and Gender
Giammona Pool131 Westmoor Avenue Daly City, CA 94015