Gardena-Carson Program Late Pick-Up FeeGARDENA-CARSON FAMILY YMCA 1000 W Artesia Blvd Gardena, CA 90248 Organized by YMCA of Metropolitan Los Angeles
About this event
Late Pick-Up: A late pick-up fee of $10.00 per every 15 minutes will be charged beginning at the first minute after program closure, for all children picked up from the program late. The $10.00 late pick-up fee is per every 15-minute increment and is per family, not per child (in this instance, family is defined as residing in the same household). The late pick-up fee will be assessed, as follows, in the example below. Please note that closing times may vary from YMCA branch and program site. The example below is for a program that closes at 6:00 pm. The payment structure below is applied based on the time the program or program option actually closes.
Parents, guardians or authorized representatives who have or have not notified the YMCA program site that they will be late, can expect the following late pick-up fees to be charged, based on the time that they arrive to the program site:
- Arrive between 6:01 pm and 6:15 pm, $10 late fee will be assessed
- Arrive between 6:16 pm and 6:30 pm, an additional $10 late fee will be assessed, for a total of $20
- Arrive between 6:31 pm and 6:45 pm, an additional $10 late fee will be assessed, for a total of $30.
- Arrive between 6:46 pm and 7:00 pm, an additional $10 late fee will be assessed, for a total of $40.
- Arrive between 7:01 pm and 7:15 pm, an additional $10 late fee will be assessed, for a total of $50.
Parents, guardians or authorized representatives who have not notified the program that they will be late, can expect the following sequence of events to occur. These steps are necessary to ensure the safety of the child as well as YMCA staff members:
- 6:00 pm: Program closes.
- 6:05 pm: YMCA Staff member in charge begins calling parent, guardian or authorized representative work number(s) to check for problems or miscommunications. If contact is not made, alternative contacts listed on the enrollment packet will be called.
- 6:15 pm: YMCA Staff member in charge contacts local authorities to determine if any problem related to the parent, guardian or authorized representative has been reported. The YMCA Director of the program or program leadership team is contacted and apprised of the situation.
- 6:45 pm: If the child has not been picked up by this time and the YMCA has not received communication from the parent, guardian or authorized representative, he or she will be turned over to the Sheriff’s Department (or local Police) and DCFS will be contacted.
This timeline is designed to show an example of what actions a YMCA program could take in the event that a child is not pick-up from the program site at closing and the parent, guardian or authorized representative has not communicated with the YMCA. At the discretion of the YMCA Director of the program, steps may be expedited or skipped.
At late pick-up, parents, guardians or authorized representatives are required to sign and date the YMCA of Metropolitan Los Angeles Program Late Pick-Up Form. All late fees must be paid online before the child returns the next program day. Once the parent, guardian or authorized representative has paid the late fee online, the system will send an email to the YMCA Director of the program notifying them that the fee has been paid and that the child may resume program. Instructions on how to pay the late fee online can be found on the back of the late pick-up form. The parent, guardian or authorized representative who registers the child must have an email on file with the YMCA to access the online portal. YMCA members who have forgotten their password can enter their email and select “forgot my password”. This will prompt the system to send the user a new password via email. System users who need additional assistance logging in and accessing their account may email ChildCare@ymcaLA.org for assistance or a password reset. The YMCA cannot accept any payments at any program site, with the exception of the YMCA branch. Please contact the YMCA at ChildCare@ymcaLA.org immediately if a YMCA staff member accepts a cash payment on-site at the program site.
Failure to pay late fees before the next program day and/or three late pick-ups within a rolling 30 calendar days for School Year Programs and rolling 14 calendar days for School Break Programs, may result in termination of child’s enrollment in program. If a child is terminated from the program due to a late pick-up termination, the YMCA will not issue any credits, refunds or transfers of any kind for any fees paid.
June 01, 2020 - June 01, 2030
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Age and Gender
GARDENA-CARSON FAMILY YMCA1000 W Artesia Blvd Gardena, CA 90248