Delta Air Lines
Cooperation in Providing Nutritional Information: Not helpful at all. I had to contact them repeatedly. They are back to their old ways.
Health Score: (** 1/4)
Delta's individual snack choices are not very good, but their meal choices on longer flights are reasonably healthy. Still, they can do much better.
In terms of individual snacks, there are no good options; however, sharing a Flight Delights snack box is a pretty good idea (or have it as a meal and eat the whole thing). It has a variety of nutrient-dense foods that are low in calories for what you get.
Of the breakfast options (on flights of 3 ? hours or longer) your best bet is the Breakfast Snack, which has light yogurt and a fresh banana. Delta also offers a fruit and cheese plate that's available for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The cheese is very high in calories, but it's still a nice option if you skip the crackers; at least you're getting some nutritional benefit from what you're eating.
For lunch/dinner options, there are not too many offerings. You have the Chicken and Turkey Cuban at 552.5 calories or the Turkey Peppercorn Ranch Ciabatta at 576 calories. The chicken and turkey is the lower-calorie choice and is probably healthier based on the ingredients—try to have only half the bread.
Snacks and Snack Boxes
- Good Sense Trail Mix (650 calories, 140 minutes of walking).
- Sour Cream and Onion Pringles $3.00 (375 calories, 81 minutes of walking).
- Milk Chocolate M&M's $2.00 (440 calories, 95 minutes of walking).
Travel Treats: $5.50
- Bumble Bee Chicken Salad with Cranberries (140 calories)
- Freshers Crackers (54 calories)
- Whole Grain Cheddar Cheese Crackers (180 calories)
- Milano Cookies (120 calories)
- Planters Trail Mix (290 calories)
- Twix (80 calories).
- Total = 864 calories, 187 minutes of walking.
Flight Delights: $6.00
- Doctor Kracker Snackers (130 calories)
- Mediterranean vegetable spread (50 calories)
- olives (60 calories)
- summer berry blend dried fruit (70 calories)
- Tuscan almonds (100 calories)
- Almond Roca (67 calories)
- Total = 477 calories, 103 minutes of walking.
Breakfast (Available 5 a.m. to 9:45 a.m.)
Fruit & Cheese Plate $6.75
(Available breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Aged cheddar, havarti and smoked fontina, green grapes, pecan halves, dried apricots and crackers.
- 475 calories, 123 minutes of walking (estimated by Diet Detective Staff Nutrition Expert).
Yogurt Parfait $3.50
- Premium vanilla yogurt layered with blackberries and peaches.
- 182 calories, 39 minutes of walking (estimated by Diet Detective Staff Nutrition Expert).
Maple Turkey and Turkey Bacon on Cinnamon Raisin Bread $6.50
- Cinnamon Raisin Bread (two slices), Boar's Head Maple Turkey Breast (2 oz.), turkey bacon (two strips), sliced Swiss cheese (1 oz.), honey mustard (one pack).
- 416 calories, 90 minutes of walking (estimated by Diet Detective Staff Nutrition Expert).
Lunch / Dinner (Available 9:46 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.)
Chicken and Turkey Cuban $8.50
- Cuban Roll (6.5")
- Boar's Head Cajun Turkey (1.5 ounces)
- Boar's Head EverRoast Chicken (1.5 ounces),
- lettuce leaf liner
- kosher dill pickles
- Swiss cheese (1 oz.)
- deli-style mustard (0.5 ounces)
- Total = 552.5 calories, 119 minutes of walking (estimated by Diet Detective Staff Nutrition Expert).
Turkey Peppercorn Ranch Ciabatta $8.50
- Seeded multi-grain ciabatta roll (4.5")
- Boar's Head Pepper Turkey (3 ounces)
- turkey bacon (two strips)
- smoked Gouda (0.75 ounces)
- Parmesan ranch spread (1 ounce)
- Total = 576 calories, 124 minutes of walking (estimated by Diet Detective Staff Nutrition Expert).