Cooperation in Providing Nutritional Information: Very helpful.
Health Score: (**1/2)
Their snacks are still high in calories with few healthy offerings.
Your best bet is the Sabra Roasted Red Pepper Hummus with Pretzels; at least the hummus has a few health benefits. The Fruit and Nut Blend is a decent nutrition choice, but make sure to split it with at least two other people. Nuts are very high in calories but will help fill you up.
If you're on a longer flight, the best choice is a new item—Marcus Samuelsson's New American Table Turkey and Chutney Sandwich, which is packed with protein and even has apple slices on the sandwich for flavor. It's only 323 calories without the chips (give them away or refuse them).
Another good choice is the Boston Market Chicken Caesar Salad with chips (which you can give away) and dressing for 660 calories. I like the fact that the dressing is on the side (use it sparingly). Again, you need to make sure you differentiate a snack from a meal. A 600-calorie snack is very high; however, a 600-calorie meal, especially for dinner, can be reasonable.
Watch out for the Boston Market Deli Chicken Pesto and the Boston Market Turkey Carver—they have way too many calories for one person. For breakfast, the fruit and cheese plate is an OK choice. I like it because at least it has walnuts and grapes, and the cheese portions are small.
The Breakfast Caf? Croissant Sandwich is low in calories at 320, and the ham might fill you up nicely. The other breakfast choices are high in calories, low in nutrients or both.
Snack and Meal Choices
Breakfast (Available on morning flights after 7 a.m.)
Marcus Samuelsson's New American Table Breakfast Biscuit (Price not available)
- Buttermilk biscuit (350 calories)
- cheddar cheese (165 calories)
- smoked turkey breast (35 calories)
- tomato slice (4 calories)
- Total = 554 calories, 120 minutes walking
Fruit and Cheese Plate (Price not available)
- Walnut halves (13 calories)
- Freshers cream cracker (156 calories)
- Swiss cheese (0.75 ounces, 81 calories)
- cheddar cheese (1 ounce, 114 calories)
- Muenster cheese (0.5 ounces, 52 calories)
- red and green grapes (36 calories)
- dried cranberries (5 calories)
- Total = 457 calories, 99 minutes of walking.
Breakfast Caf? Snack Tray $5.29
(Available on select morning transcontinental and Hawaii flights)
- Stacy's Simply Naked bagel chips (130 calories)
- Rondele original plain cheese spread (110 calories)
- Ocean Spray Craisins (100 calories)
- Emerald natural almonds (100 calories)
- Biscoff cookie (29.8 calories)
- Total = 489.8 calories, 106 minutes of walking.
Breakfast Caf? Croissant Sandwich $6.00
(Available on select morning domestic flights longer than 3 hours)
- Roasted turkey and cheddar cheese on breakfast bread. Served with Hellmann's Dijonnaise and Stacy's Cinnamon Pita Chips on the side.
- 320 calories, 69 minutes of walking.
Cheese & Cracker Tray $4.49
- Pepperidge Farm Distinctive Crackers (80 calories)
- Pepperidge Farm Toasted Sesame Crackers (70 calories)
- Glacier Ridge Farms White Cheddar (0.75 ounces, 50 calories)
- Sun-Maid Raisins (90 calories)
- Total = 290 calories, 63 minutes of walking
- Fruit and Nut Blend $4.49 (487.5 calories, 105 minutes of walking).
- Megabite Chocolate Chip Cookie $3.29 (450 calories, 97 minutes of walking).
- Lay's Stax Potato Crisps $3.29 (6 oz., 900 calories, 194 minutes of walking).
- Gourmet Chocolate Waffle (Price not available) (342 calories, 74 minutes of walking).
- Morning Glory Breakfast Cookie (Price not available) (310 calories, 67 minutes of walking).
- Sabra Roasted Red Pepper Hummus with Pretzels (Price not available) (250 calories, 54 minutes of walking).
Lunch/Dinner (Available on afternoon flights over 3 hours and before 8 pm)
Marcus Samuelsson's New American Table Turkey and Chutney Sandwich $10.00
- Smoked turkey breast (70 calories)
- Romaine lettuce leaf (2 calories)
- Granny Smith apple slices (51 calories)
- Apple cranberry chutney (30 calories)
- Cracked wheat bread (170 calories)
- Served with Miss Vickie's Simply Sea Salt Chips (210)
- Total = 533 calories, 115 minutes of walking
Boston Market Chicken Carver with chips $10.00
- All-natural white-meat chicken, cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato and Dijon-mayonnaise served on an artisan roll with Miss Vickie's chips.
- 980 calories, 212 minutes of walking.
Boston Market Deli Chicken Pesto $10.00
- All white-meat chicken topped with pesto aioli, mesclun greens and tomato on sliced multigrain bread. Served with sweet garlic dressing on the side and Miss Vickie's chips.
- 1,240 calories, 268 minutes of walking.
Boston Market Turkey Carver $10.00
- Sliced oven-roasted turkey breast, Swiss cheese, creamy Parmesan spread, tomato and leaf lettuce on artisan-style bread with Miss Vickie's chips.
- 1,000 calories, 216 minutes of walking.
- Available on afternoon transcontinental and Hawaii flights that depart before 8 p.m.
Chicken Caesar Salad $10.00
- Crisp romaine lettuce, all white-meat chicken and Parmesan, Romano and Asiago cheeses. Served with creamy Caesar dressing and SunChips on the side.
- 660 calories, 143 minutes of walking.