We at the Black Physicians of Utah are focused on improving the health of our Black Community. In effort to get us fit and to address rising rates of Obesity in our Nation, we have organized our first 5 K Run/Walk. It will be filled with prizes, raffles, music and food for all participants.
Participating Vendors and Fitness Specialists:
1. Daniel Jacas
Health Is Wealth
2. Lebo of Yoga Forward
Providing an onsite Yoga class for all participants
3. Air Force Health Professions recruiting & Dietician
On-Site Body Fat Analysis
4. Harmon's Grocer Dietician & Gift Certificates
5. Universoty of Utah Peak Wellness
6. Rock Climbing Wall
7. Bouncy House for kids
8. Dash of Title Boxing
9. Ioniq- A company on the forefront of early detection of lung cancer. Stop by their booth to earn $50 for a 15 min screening test or to win a gift card. Learn more below.
A portion of your registration will go towards the Black Physicians of Utah Scholarship Fund and Community Education fund.
Packet Pick-up will be from 0800-0900. The race and packet pick up will be at the pavilion next to the soccer fields and behind the Taylorsville Rec Center. The race will begin at 0930 at Valley Regional Park. The course will be two loops through and partially outside the park. A water station will be available at the mid-point
The 1 mile start will begin behind the Valley Regional Pavillion at 1000
Food for race and walking participants will begin shortly after the awards ceremony which will begin at 1030.
Thank you for your participation and let's have fun out there.
Event details and schedule
1. Parking is available at Valley Regional Park but easiest at the Taylorsville Rec Center or immediately behind the Taylorsville Pool
2. Packet Pick-up Same Day beginning at 0800 and stopping at 0930
3. The race will begin at 0945. Racers and walkers finished by 1100.