We're sorry, but this activity is over. The last meeting was Friday, December 15, 2023.
Skaters learn to transition from a walk to a introductory stride using edges and then develop a "glide to their stride", learn to two foot glide and be introduced to stopping, and backwards skating.
Skates and helmet included in program fee.
Prerequisite: Completion of Child Level 1 or ability to INDEPENDANLTY get up and walk forward, or by drop in assessment during public skates. For further assessment information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No lesson Fri. Nov 10
- Arrive approx. 20 min prior to class to acquire and put on equipment
- Gloves and waterproof pants
- CSA approved helmet are required, bike helmets not made for ice
- Skate and helmet rental free with registered lesson for parent & child
- Allow adequate time prior to lessons to acquire and put on equipment
- Face cage highly encourage if providing your own helmet
- Non plastic skates provide better learning
Skate - Child Level 2
PCCC Arena 3 (Purple) at Port Coquitlam Community Centre
Skate - Parent and Tot
or Skate - Child Level 1
or Skate - Tot Level 2
or Skate - Tot Level 1