event logo
June 24 - 28, 2024

Marine Explorers (one week)

Marine Science Institute • 500 Discovery Parkway Redwood CityCA  94063 Organized by Marine Science Institute

About this event

Marine Explorers (one week) investigates Pacific Coast and San Francisco Bay marine habitats and animals. Marine Explorers enjoy 3 days at our shoreside facility in Redwood City, 1 day at an off-site field trip and 1 day aboard our 90-foot research vessel learning about local ecosystems with live animals, hands-on activities, and themed games and crafts. Participants will have an in depth investigation of local marine ecosystems and learn how similar animals from different habitats have unique adaptations to help them survive. Please pack snacks, lunch, and water bottle. Drop-off window is 8:30-9:00 am and pick-up window is 3:00-3:30 pm. Extended care is available until 5:00 pm. Must register for extended care in advance. Space is limited. Cancellation policy: 90% of total tuition is refundable for cancellations through March 31. The 25% deposit is non-refundable from April 1 until two weeks prior to camp session start date; the remainder of tuition (75%) is refundable. Cancellations within two weeks of your camp start date are 100% non-refundable. The processing fee is non-refundable for cancellations made at any time. Scholarship donations are non-refundable. MSI will fully refund fees if the session is cancelled*. *If the Marine Science Institute facilities are rendered unsuitable for the operation of Marine Science Institute programs by reason of Force Majeure such as natural events (fire, earthquake, flooding, etc.), political events (war, strike, massive protests, etc.), governmental action (pandemic response, etc.), or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Marine Science Institute, then a credit transfer to a future program will be issued. Transfer policy: A $25 transfer fee is applied to camp session transfers within the same season (for each child). Camp session transfers can be accommodated only if there is space in the desired session.


June 24 - 28, 2024

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday

Add to calendar


Marine Science Institute

500 Discovery Parkway Redwood CityCA  94063

View Map

Show More Show Less




More events from this organizer