Internet Registration has not begun yet. Check Registration Dates in details.
All levels welcome! Recommended for Grades 8-10 (Junior Volleyball Net Height)
Sessions are supervised by a Youth Program Assistant I/II or Community Youth Worker, but there is no instructor for this program.
Please note the session can accommodate up to 36 players maximum. REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. Please check-in with a Youth Staff upon arrival.
Please do not register back-to-back session. Staff has the right to withdraw you from the other session to create space for other youth. There will be a waitlist on the day of, please speak to a youth staff to write your name down. The waitlist is not guaranteed.
Welcome to our youth gym programs at Killarney Community Centre! Looking to get back into the game and tune up your skills? Come by to bump, set, and spike! Youth staff will help organize games and rotations. Please note the following rules to be followed in the gymnasium:
How to Play:
- Competition is permitted
- Wash your hands before and after play
- No food or drink in the gymnasium
- Use appropriate and respectful language.
- Respect the equipment (volleyballs, nets, etc.).
- Respect direction from Killarney staff and be kind to other youth.
If you have any further inquiries, please call the Killarney Youth Office at 604-718-8212.
The nature of the activity is such that you may interact with other people who are considered to be in good health, continuous physical distance between other people cannot be guaranteed, and, by participating in the activity, you are at risk of being infected by a pathogen, including but not limited to SARS-COV-2. SARS-COV-2, which causes the disease COVID-19, may exacerbate other health issues and is the cause of an ongoing global pandemic. SARS-COV-2 is highly communicable and dangerous. If you become infected with SARS-COV2, you may transmit it to other people even if you are not exhibiting symptoms of illness.
Communicable Disease Health & Safety Practices:
- Participants should assess themselves daily for symptoms of common cold, influenza, COVID-19, or other infectious respiratory disease before attending a program.
- Participants who are ill, including participants of essential service providers, should not attend a program or access the Community Centre. If you are unsure, you should self-isolate and contact 8-1-1 or the local public health unit.
- All participants are encouraged to practice proper hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette by covering coughs or sneezes.
KILLARNEY COMMUNITY CENTRE SOCIETY REFUND POLICY
- If your refund request is received five or more days prior to the start of the program, a full refund will be issued.
- If your refund request is received within four days of the start of the program, your refund will be equal to the program fee minus the price of one class.
- If your refund request is received after the first class, your refund will be equal to the program fee minus the price of two classes.
- Each Community Centre program refund notice (excluding rink and pool activities), is subject to an additional $5.00 administration fee.
- No refunds or transfers are allowed after the second class of the program.
- If your transfer request is received after the first class of the program, you will be charged the price of one class.
- Each Community Centre program transfer request (excluding rink and pool activities), is subject to an additional $2.00 administration fee.
- Fees for one or two-day programs are non-refundable.
5 - Youth
Gymnasium - Killarney at *Killarney Community Centre
CCA Y-1 Membership: Killarney
or CCA Y-1 Membership: Killarney