Offered by the Ablaz Fencing Club. Our youth program begins with a four-session introductory class, quickly teaching the basic actions of the sport, allowing students to progress in their skills in a short time. Fencing is a great cardiovascular workout, improving hand-eye co-ordination, concentration, mental focus and physical stamina. It provides a fun and competitive atmosphere that builds self-confidence and respect. All equipment is provided.
This class is based on a syllabus. If a child misses the first two classes they'll be too far behind the others. Therefore, it is not recommended to join after the 2nd class.
Please note that Participant Waiver forms must be filled out before the program starts. Forms are available from the instructor.
This class is based on a syllabus. If a child misses the first two classes they'll be too far behind the others. Do not enroll after the 2nd class.
The nature of the activity is such that you may interact with other people who are considered to be in good health, continuous physical distance between other people cannot be guaranteed, and, by participating in the activity, you are at risk of being infected by a pathogen, including but not limited to SARS-COV-2. SARS-COV-2, which causes the disease COVID-19, may exacerbate other health issues and is the cause of an ongoing global pandemic. SARS-COV-2 is highly communicable and dangerous. If you become infected with SARS-COV2, you may transmit it to other people even if you are not exhibiting symptoms of illness.
Communicable Disease Health & Safety Practices:
- Participants should assess themselves daily for symptoms of common cold, influenza, COVID-19, or other infectious respiratory disease before attending a program.
- Participants who are ill, including participants of essential service providers, should not attend a program or access the Community Centre. If you are unsure, you should self-isolate and contact 8-1-1 or the local public health unit.
- All participants are encouraged to practice proper hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette by covering coughs or sneezes.
KILLARNEY COMMUNITY CENTRE SOCIETY REFUND POLICY
- If your refund request is received five or more days prior to the start of the program, a full refund will be issued.
- If your refund request is received within four days of the start of the program, your refund will be equal to the program fee minus the price of one class.
- If your refund request is received after the first class, your refund will be equal to the program fee minus the price of two classes.
- Each Community Centre program refund notice (excluding rink and pool activities), is subject to an additional $5.00 administration fee.
- No refunds or transfers are allowed after the second class of the program.
- If your transfer request is received after the first class of the program, you will be charged the price of one class.
- Each Community Centre program transfer request (excluding rink and pool activities), is subject to an additional $2.00 administration fee.
- Fees for one or two-day programs are non-refundable.
4 - Preteen
Gymnasium - 1/3 at *Killarney Community Centre
CCA Y-1 Membership: Killarney
or CCA Y-1 Membership: Killarney