Always the FIRST Saturday in December
In-Person and Virtual Ride Options Available
Mission to Mission Bike Tour is an all-volunteer, San Antonio charity event that provides biking challenges for riders at all levels, both in-person and virtually.The in-person event is begins and ends at the San Antonio Mission Park Pavilions. In-person options include a family friendly Mission Tour (17) on dedicated hike and bike paths as well as THREE extended tours: Performance (24), Endurance (48), and Century (62). You can also ride on your own time at home, in your neighborhood or any place of please when select the Virtual Ride options. Virtual ride lengths are 17 miles, 24 miles, 48 miles, Metric Century/62 miles, or "Rider's Choice" where you decide how far you'll go. Our annual tour is a notable celebration of the Missions National Historical Park-- now part of a World Heritage Site recognizing the cultural uniqueness of the Spanish Colonial period. The tours begin and end one fourth mile from Mission San Jose, and the Mission Tour offers the opportunity to visit all four missions within the Park.
- Extended tours share a common trunk route such that a rider may extend or contract a selected tour on the fly.
- Ride conditions include public roads, level to gently rolling terrain, and rural countryside.
- Tour Tee and lunch are included in registration for the in-person event.
- Additional lunches and tour tees are available for friends and Family
- Early Registration Discounts
- Virtual Riders will have their shirts sent in the mail via UPSP First Class Mail.
Mission Tour: The Mission Tour winds through historic neighborhoods and touches four Spanish Colonial Missions located along the San Antonio River. The route can be adjusted to meet cycling skills. The Mission Tour riders use dedicated bike lanes/paths and tour in small guided groups. A souvenir passport is available for riders to collect mission "stamps" at each site. Restrooms and water are available at registration and mission sites; water and fruit will be provided at a dedicated break point. Touring all missions creates a 17 mile ride. Notes on children riding M2M: * Children 10 & under ride free w/paid adult registration and minor registration form * Children must ride with trusted adult
* No lunch or complimentary Tee provided with free minor registration * No children's tricycle or bikes with training wheels will be permitted. * Helmets are required for all riders Performance 24: This 24 mile performance route retraces early Spanish trails as it loops southward beyond the Missions National Historical Park and skirts the western reaches of Braunig Lake. The performance route is primarily flat and utilizes city, state, and county roads through the mostly rural Southside. Endurance 48: The 48 mile endurance route circles Calevaras Lake and provides a shortened "back door" alternative allows riders to shorten the Metric Century. The Endurance Route is primarily flat and utilizes city, state, and county roads through the mostly rural Southside.
Century 62: The 62 mile Metric Century duplicates the performance route and then explores the deep southside in a lazy circle of Calevaras Lake. Riders traverse the level countryside on city, county and state roads.
Note: The length of each route may be revised before the event as safety concerns, road conditions, or construction dictate. Route planning and maps by Cool Cats Cycling Club of San Antonio.
62 mile route https://ridewithgps.com/routes/37910116 48 mile route
https://ridewithgps.com/routes/37910105 24 mile route https://ridewithgps.com/routes/37910092 M2M Event Link SatDec 4M2M Charity Ride 2021by nikki lynch Link and maps typically remain exactly the same each year. As we get closer to the event date, the map may be adjusted to account for construction or conditions.
Event details and schedule
2022 Mission to Mission Charity Bike Tour
Saturday, December 3rd
07:00 AM Access to parking/site open
07:30 AM On-Site Registration / Check-In / Packet Pick-up
08:30 AM START Century 62 & Endurance 48
08:45 AM START Performance 24
09:00 AM Start Family Tour
10:00 AM Registration Closed: No additional riders allowed on routes
11:00 AM-3:00PM Lunch available
2:00 PM End of SAG and other rider support
https://ridewithgps.com/routes/37910105 24 mile route https://ridewithgps.com/routes/37910092 M2M Event Link SatDec 4M2M Charity Ride 2021by nikki lynch Here's a preliminary map (still under revision) of the Full 17-mile, 2021 Guided Mission Tour: https://ridewithgps.com/trips/78818643
Link and maps typically remain exactly the same each year. As we get closer to the event date, the map may be adjusted to account for construction or conditions.
Parking is available at the park.