We're sorry, but this activity is over. The last meeting was Friday, July 8, 2022.
Gates Park - a perfect place to ride your bike, join us for a week of fun!
Experienced riders will improve their bike skills and then ride the local trails around Gates Park. Campers learn to improve their steering and braking, and have fun maneuvering through obstacle courses, over small ramps and teeter tooters. Campers also learn crosswalk knowledge, trail etiquette, road safety, and hand signals.
Success happens with bikes that are the right size. Riders must be able to sit on their bike and have their toes touch the ground to successfully ride.
- Completion of Port Coquitlam First Gear or
- Ability to ride independently and start from a stationary position
What to Bring:
- Your own bike (no training wheels) and helmet
- Small knapsack with water bottle and large NUT FREE snack
- Runners and dress for the weather
Second Gear Agenda
8:25 to 8:30am - Meet at Gates Park children's playground, 2300 Reeve Street, PoCo
8:30 to 8:45am - Daily sign in, health and bike safety check
8:45 to 10:25am - Program, snack and local riding
10:25 to 10:30am - Pick up and sign out Gates Park children's playground
Meet at Gates Park Playground