This activity has been cancelled.
Junior Angler classes introduce youth to the life-long sport of fishing. Active learning with a hands-on format. Practice new skills, solve problems, and make decisions. Primary goals of the classes are to: 1) provide young anglers with confidence in their basic fishing knowledge and skills, 2) promote ethical behavior in fishing and towards aquatic habitats, and 3) instill in young anglers the desire to get out and go fishing.
- Pre-registration required.
- Class meets at the pond dock at the front of ONP.
- Completed paperwork on file required for drop-off.
- All anglers 16Y+ must have a valid Texas fishing license to fish in Mansfield parks.
- Wear weather-appropriate clothing & comfortable shoes.
- A hat & sunglasses recommended.
- Please leave pets at home.
- If severe weather threat will occur during the program, staff will email & text of a cancelation.