We're sorry, but this activity is over. The last meeting was Monday, May 23, 2022.
This class for intermediate Mountain Bike riders looking to refine their skills.
***This class has SAFETY and EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS***
In order to provide the safest possible environment for class participants, please make sure that:
- Your child's bike is in good working order. Please make sure that brakes are working and shifting (gears) is also working. Please make sure tires and brakes are not worn. Note: if the bike needs work: local bike shops may need a week to complete the work. Please budget this into getting the bike class ready.
- Your child's bike has more than one gear. We will be climbing up hills.
- Your child's bike has a front wheel and rear wheel hand brake. No coaster brakes.
- Your child's bike has tires with knobby tread suitable for riding off-road.
- Your child's bike is a good fit. A bike too big or too small can pose safety concerns.
- Your child's helmet fits correctly. Helmets need to be free of cracks and damage. Helmets need to be worn correctly (i.e., covering the forehead).
Skill Level: II (Intermediate)
Fitness level: Easy/Active
Come learn the fundamentals of mountain biking in a fun and safe environment.
We will review the fundamental skills including:
- Body Position
- Pedal Position
- Eye Movement
- Cornering: switchbacks and higher speed corners
- Roll downs
- Climbing and descending
- Dismounts while climbing and descending
- Getting started on a climb
- Track stands
- Pumping for momentum and traction
- First, we explain what skill is and when you would use it. Then we will explain how to do the skill and what it should feel like.
- we demonstrate the skill so you have a visual of what the execution of the skill looks like.
- We have you practice the skill, in a progressive manner with lots of encouragement and assistance, if needed.
- Apply the skill out on the trail (if conditions allow).
We will also cover group communication, trail etiquette, and basic bike maintenance. Classes will be led by an IMBA and BICP certified mountain bike coaches.
Class 1 & 2 will meet at Luscher Farm (125 Rosemont Rd) Class 3 & 4 will meet at East Waluga Park (15505 Quarry Rd)
_PS East Waluga Park Picnic Shelter at East Waluga Park
. Breakaway Coaching