We're sorry, but this activity is over. The last meeting was Thursday, August 26, 2021.
ADULT ROWING PROGRAM
LOCR offers rowing programs for adults (18+) with prior rowing experience and those wanting to learn. We welcome experienced rowers from other rowing programs or anyone who has completed the Learn to Row program with us.
ADULT LEARN TO ROW CLASSES
LOCR teaches Learn to Row classes for adults during Spring, Summer and Fall, for those who have little or no prior rowing experience. These sculling classes teach the technique of using two oars in unison and participants will row in individual single boats. You will learn the basics of rowing terminology, boat handling and safety. Proper rowing technique is taught first on rowing machines and then we progress to the water. All classes are 4 weeks, 2 times per week. Class size is limited - sign up today!
Level 1 Sculling
Sculling is the technique of using two oars in unison and participants learn in instructional single boats. Successful completion of any of our Learn to Row classes allows participants to join the LOCR Masters Program (coach clearance required).
REQUIRED FORMS: If you are a current rower or have previously rowed with us from a Learn to Row class, we do not need new forms. If you have never rowed with us, please complete the following:
2. Float Test OR Declaration of swimming ability (sign on icrew)
3. USRowing Membership & Waiver Club code: EJPZZ write this down! you will need to have this code to register; Basic membership is $9.75 or Championship membership is $65. Link on icrew
4. USRowing Safety Video Watch the video before you come (look up on youtube)
5. Covid-19 Policy and procedure 2021- sign via icrew
6. Well-Being checklist is filled out daily via icrew. We will go over how to do this on the first day!
Water Sports Center at Water Sports Center