Super Sprint, Sprint, Aquabike & Aquathlon (sprint)
The venue & course remains the same as the past few years. Swim is the Meres Leisure Centre in Grantham, a clean and modern 8 lane 25m heated pool with a 400 seat spectator area. Moving through transition you cross the bike mount line & make your way out of the leisure centre facility onto a mini roundabout & head through the Lincolnshire town & countryside. The bike section is a 2 lap course with a few undulations to enjoy.
The run takes you around part of the town immediately around the leisure centre on a 2 lap course. The water station is positioned so you can get liquid refreshment half way around the 2 lap course.
For SuperSprint distance only 1 lap of the bike & 1 lap of the run course will be required after 8 lengths of the pool.
We have added aquabike & aquathlon to all our triathlon events - so if you fancy a shorter race over the swim / run or swim / bike elements you can enter this race. Held on the same day, you will go into the usual waves of the triathlon race & head from the pool straight onto the run OR bike before crossing the finish line to grab your medal. We think this is a great way to try a multi-sport race.
- 1st part of the Lincolnshire Triathlon Series
- Chip timing
- Secure transition
- Regular water stations on the run
- Route fully marshalled and signposted
- Bespoke race finishers medal - beautiful bling!
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd trophies for male and female - Grantham Sprint Triathlon
- V40, V50, V60 Age Group trophies for male and female - Grantham Sprint Triathlon
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd trophies - Grantham Sprint Triathlon Teams
- 1st place trophies for male and female - Grantham SuperSprint Triathlon & Aquathlon & Aquabike
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd trophies for male and female - Lincolnshire Tri Series (presented at Louth Triathlon)
- Finishers medal for all
- Free race photos to download & share
- Free post race massage from local Sports therapists
- Race merchandise
- Full medical provision
- Ideal for novice through to elite
TEAMS: The triathlon team consists of 2 or 3 members. If your team has 2 members, the first member will conduct the swim and the run and the 2nd member will conduct the bike. If your team has 3 members, 1 member conducts EITHER the swim, the bike or the run. The team can consist of British Triathlon Federation members and non-members. Any non-members must pay their £6.00 Day Licence fee at registration on the day of the event. For the Aquathlon the team will consist of 2 members, 1 on the swim and 1 on the run.
For the Aquathlon the team will consist of 2 members, 1 on the swim and 1 on the run.
For the Aquabike the team will consist of 2 members, 1 on the swim and 1 on the bike.
Event details and schedule
The date for 2020 is Sunday 5th April.
Free parking can be found at Grantham Meres Leisure Centre, just follow the signs and make sure you arrive a good hour before your start time.
Ensure you bring photo ID for registration;BTF membership card or other ID. As well as all of your race kit, swimwear, bike, helmet, run kit and trainers.
Bring some cash with you for food, post race massage and the all important race t-shirt.