When it comes to weight loss, most of the work begins in the kitchen. Slaving away at the gym can yield little to no results if you eat an unhealthy diet. From sandwiches to soups, these simple recipes will turn your body into a fat burning machine and help you lose weight fast.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup of brown rice or quinoa (pre-cooked and chilled)
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes or cherub tomatoes cut in half
- 1/2 cup of fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup of sweet yellow, red or orange bell pepper, chopped
Lightly coat the bottom of a small skillet with the olive oil. Stir the egg and egg whites together in a small bowl and set aside. On medium heat, lightly cook the vegetables so they remain crispy. Add the egg mixture and the rice at the same time. Cook the mixture until the eggs are firm and moist, but not hard.
By Gale Bernhard. Recipe from Become a Fat Burning Machine: The 12-Week Diet
Danielle's Super Sandwich
- 4 ounces deli-sliced or fresh baked turkey breast
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 slice whole grain bread
- Handful of sprouts for topping
- 1 tablespoon *Secret Yogurt Sauce
Sauté turkey breast in olive oil with half of the chopped tomato in saucepan. Add a dash of garlic salt. Turkey will slightly brown on the edges. Spread avocado on toast. Pour Secret Yogurt Sauce on top of avocado. Slice the other half of the tomato. Place sauteed turkey over avocado and then top with tomato and sprouts.
This can also be served over a bed of lettuce using the Secret Yogurt Sauce as the dressing and cutting up the avocado.
Secrete Yogurt Sauce
- 17-ounce container 2 percent Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup *salsa
Mix yogurt with salsa and use as a salad dressing or sauce on sandwiches.
Both recipes by Danielle Polansky. Recipe from Become a Fat Burning Machine: The 12-Week Diet.
Poblano Pepper and Vegetable Chicken Soup
- 1 whole chicken
- 3 cups of water
- 4 medium poblano peppers (seeded and diced)
- 32 ounces of low sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 to 1 pound bag of baby carrots
- 1 pound of sliced mushrooms
- 1 bag of frozen peas
- 1 pound bag of frozen green beans or 3 - 4 cups fresh green beans
- 1 green zucchini, sliced
- 1 yellow zucchini, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- Onion and garlic powder to taste
In a large, deep pot, boil the chicken until a drumstick pulls free. Remove the chicken from the pot and add all remaining ingredients. While vegetables are cooking, remove the chicken meat from the bone and add it back to the pot. Simmer until vegetables are still firm and chewy.
By Gale Bernhardt. Recipe from Become a Fat Burning Machine: The 12-Week Diet.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Fresh herbs (I used rosemary)
Place all ingredients in a small jar and shake until emulsified. This will store on your counter for 3 to 4 days or in your refrigerator for longer. The olive oil will solidify in the fridge, so you just need to let it sit at room temperature before serving.
Found on the Fat-Burning Machine website, compliments of Danielle Polansky.
Easy Oven Salmon
4-6 ounces of salmon per person
- Olive oil
- Salt-free seasoning of choice (favorites include Greek and Cajun)
Move the top oven rack two positions away from the top broiling position. Turn the oven on broil, high.
Layer two pieces of aluminum foil and fold up all the edges to make a pan. Lightly brush the foil with olive oil. Place salmon on the foil and lightly brush the top of the salmon with olive oil and season to taste.
Cook 3 to 5 minutes, depending on salmon thickness and personal preferences. Move the rack to the top position and cook an additional 2 to 5 minutes.
By Gale Bernhardt. Recipe from Become a Fat Burning Machine: The 12-Week Diet
READ THIS NEXT: 12 Proven Ways to Burn More Calories