Yoga Event - YogaCommunity and Professional Education (CAPE) 5500 N. St. Louis Ave C 509 Chicago, IL 60625 Organized by Northeastern Illinois University
About this event
We’ll send your reminder 2 days before this event closes so you don’t miss out.
You will no longer receive email alerts about this activity.
This activity is closed to further registration.
A class appropriate for beginning students as well as students with previous yoga training. An exploration of classical yoga postures with an emphasis on correct alignment in both the poses and transitions.
NEIU Community Dance Program Policies: All dance program policies and guidelines are enacted to create a safe environment in which students can learn safely and have fun. Questions regarding these policies may be directed to the program coordinator. By completing this registration form, all participants and parents/guardians agree to the following:1) Registration is required of all participants and must include current information, as well as a signed agreement to all terms and conditions for participation, release and waiver.
2) Attendance is required of all participants in order to receive the full benefit of the instruction. Missed classes may be made up during the current term. Students are strongly encouraged to make up missed classes by consulting with the teacher for an appropriate make-up class. 3) Tardy/Late Arrival Policy: Classes begin promptly at their designated times. Your child’s safety is very important to us, therefore any child(ren) arriving later than 10 minutes to their class may not be allowed to dance and may be asked to sit in the studio and observe class for that day.
4) Parent policy (Creative Movement/Pre-Dance I and II): In the event that an issue arises with your child we kindly ask that all parents stay on the premises during your child’s class (potty emergency, injury, behavior issues, etc.). If you are unable to stay, we ask that you make arrangements with another parent. 5) Parents are not allowed in the studio to observe class unless invited by the instructor. Only children enrolled in classes will be allowed in the studio. All other children must be supervised by an adult. We ask that guests and other observers ask permission from the instructor before observing any classes.
6) Online registration and initial payment is due by the first class. Payment in full or payment plan options are available at the time of registration. Refunds are not issued after the first week of classes. New students will be assessed by the teacher to determine whether the class is appropriate for the age and ability of the student. The teacher's determination is final. 7) Proper attire is required of all students. This includes: ballet slippers and jazz shoes, leotards, tights, leggings, or tight fitting workout clothing. For safety reasons, no street clothing (t-shirts, sweatshirts or other non-form fitting attire or street shoes are allowed. No jewelry, such as necklaces and bracelets, are permitted. Hair must be secured back from the face. Please consult the instructor or program coordinator with questions about the required attire for a particular class.
8) Food, gum and drinks (except water) are prohibited inside the studio. Cell phone/electronic device use during class is not allowed. Students not observing these rules will be asked to leave. 9) Courses with fewer than six students enrolled may be cancelled.
10) Parking on campus requires the purchase of a permit .
No class March 13 - 18 because of Spring Break.
January 14 - June 17, 2023
2:00 PM to 3:15 PM
Age and Gender
Community and Professional Education (CAPE)5500 N. St. Louis Ave C 509 Chicago, IL 60625