This activity is closed to further registration.
Introduces students to Broadway style dance and theater. Choreography will be taught from popular Broadway shows covering many different styles including original Broadway choreography: Bob Fosse, Jerome Robbins, Michael Bennett, Susan Strohman, and Tommy Tune. Also covers advanced beginning/intermediate jazz dance technique and performance skills necessary for the choreography.
This class is taught at an intermediate level, and prior dance training or concurrent enrollment in a ballet class is required.
COVID Policies at NEIU: Individuals are strongly encouraged to wear a high quality face mask while on NEIU's campus. Further information about NEIU's COVID policies can be found at www.neiu.edu/about/covid-19-response.
NEIU Community Dance Program Policies: All dance program policies and guidelines are enacted to create a safe environment in which students can learn safely and have fun. Questions regarding these policies may be directed to the program coordinator. By completing this registration form, all participants and parents or guardians agree to the following:
1) Registration is required of all participants and must include current information, as well as a signed agreement to all terms and conditions for participation, release and waiver.
2) Attendance is required of all participants in order to receive the full benefit of the instruction. Missed classes may be made up during the current term. Students are strongly encouraged to make up missed classes by consulting with the teacher for an appropriate make up class.
3) Tardy and Late Arrival Policy: Classes begin promptly at their designated times. Your child's safety is very important to us. Therefore any child or children arriving later than 10 minutes to their class may not be allowed to dance and may be asked to sit in the studio and observe class for that day.
4) Payment in full for each student is due on the first day of classes. Refunds are not issued after the first week of classes. New students will be assessed by the teacher to determine whether the class is appropriate for the age and ability of the student. The teacher's determination is final.
5) Proper attire is required of all students. This includes ballet slippers and jazz shoes, leotards, tight, leggings or tight fitting workout clothing. For safety reasons, no street clothing, tee shirts, sweatshirts or other non-form fitting attire or street shoes are allowed. No jewelry, such as necklaces and bracelets are permitted. Hair must be secured back from the face. Please consult the instructor or program coordinator with questions about attire for a particular class.
6) Except for water, food, gum, and drinks are prohibited inside the studio. Cell phone and electronic device use during class is not allowed. Students breaking these rules will be asked to leave.
7) Children under the age of 13 who are enrolled in Jazz or Hip Hop are required to be in a ballet class. Courses with fewer than 8 students enrolled may be cancelled. Parking on campus requires the purchase of a permit. Permit dispensers are located inside the north entrance to the parking facility or in Lot H.
No classes on November 24-27 because of the Thanksgiving Holiday.