This activity is closed to further registration.
Advanced Beginning/Intermediate Ballet for Adults. The class assumes at least two years of prior ballet training. Ballet and center work, correct movement techniques, alignment/placement, coordination of arm, leg and head movements and musical skills are all emphasized. Assumes some familiarity with the French vocabulary used in ballet class.
Adult Indoor Classes take place in FA 141 and the Auditorium or FA107.
All students participating in indoor classes must sign the Dance Studio Safety Agreement and the Participant Guidelines and Checklist for On-site Instruction in Studios/Performance Spaces at their first class meeting.
When registering, please provide the email address at which you would like to receive the recurring link for the Zoom class. Please download the Zoom app or open Zoom in your browser to for class.
NEIU Community Dance Program Policies: All dance program policies and guidelines are enacted to create a safe environment in which students can learn safely and have fun. Questions regarding these policies may be directed to the program coordinator. By completing this registration form, all participants and parents or guardians agree to the following:
1) Registration is required of all participants and must include current information, as well as a signed agreement to all terms and conditions for participation, release and waiver.
2) Attendance is required of all participants in order to receive the full benefit of the instruction. Missed classes may be made up during the current term. Students are strongly encouraged to make up missed classes by consulting with the teacher for an appropriate make up class.
3) Tardy and Late Arrival Policy: Classes begin promptly at their designated times. Your child's safety is very important to us. Therefore any child or children arriving later than 10 minutes to their class may not be allowed to dance and may be asked to sit in the studio and observe class for that day.
4) Payment in full for each student is due on the first day of classes. Refunds are not issued after the first week of classes. New students will be assessed by the teacher to determine whether the class is appropriate for the age and ability of the student. The teacher's determination is final.
5) Proper attire is required of all students. This includes ballet slippers and jazz shoes, leotards, tight, leggings or tight fitting workout clothing. For safety reasons, no street clothing, tee shirts, sweatshirts or other non-form fitting attire or street shoes are allowed. No jewelry, such as necklaces and bracelets are permitted. Hair must be secured back from the face. Please consult the instructor or program coordinator with questions about attire for a particular class.
6) Except for water, food, gum, and drinks are prohibited inside the studio. Cell phone and electronic device use during class is not allowed. Students breaking these rules will be asked to leave.
7) Children under the age of 13 who are enrolled in Jazz or Hip Hop are required to be in a ballet class. Courses with fewer than 8 students enrolled may be cancelled. Parking on campus requires the purchase of a permit. Parking in lots at NEIU is by permit only. Daily permits can be purchased by downloading the Passport Parking app, online at m.ppprk.com, or by dialing 773.451.8294 to pay via automated voice system.
No class on January 17th because of Martin Luther King's Day.
No class on March 14th because of Spring Break.