Come out early to the Canton Multicultural Festival in Etowah River Park and put your feet on the ground for a flat & fast 5K on a certified course. Sponsored by the Canton police department, we'll have all the usual 5K items...Great shirts, great awards, and great fun.
Event details and schedule
Proceeds from the event go to a Police Fund; which provides support and funds for local families and individuals in times of need.
ENTRY & REGISTRATION FEES
Early Bird (ends 8/10):
- 5K: $25
- Virtual 5K: $30
Regular Registration (ends 9/10):
- 5K: $30
- Virtual 5K: $30
COURSE & TIMING
Awesome super flat CERTIFIED course through Etowah River Park & Heritage Park using the paved trail and the walking bridge that connects them. We'll be chip timing the start & finish, so you're guaranteed to get a great time you can use for the Peachtree.
Course #: GA16053WC
AWARDS & GOODIES
Awards as follows:
- Overall M/F
- Overall Masters M/F (40+)
- Overall Grand Master M/F (50+)
- Overall Sr. Master M/F (60+)
- Top 3 in each of the regular 5 year age groups (10 & Under to 75+)
All participants registered by 9/1 are guaranteed a great race shirt in their size. After 9/1, sizes will be available while supplies last.
VIRTUAL RUNNING - HOW IT WORKS & LINK FOR TIME SUBMISSION
Can't make it out to the event site on race day? Still want to participate or support the cause and have a shot at an award? Or, maybe you saw the shirt and said: "Sweet...I want one!" Then, the virtual race is for you. Run when & where you want, just submit your time by end of Race Day. We'll ship out virtual packages the Monday after event date! *Shipping available for continental US only.
New to Virtual Running? Here's how it works:
- Get excited, grab some friends and buddies to join you! Sign up, and register for the Police in the Park Virtual 5K!
- Download your Custom Digital Bib! Hydrate, grab your buddy (or not), and get ready to get moving!
- Get out there and run or walk! You can run at the park, your favorite route in your neighborhood; anywhere you want. Please remember to social distance & be safe!
- HAVE FUN!~Share your distance, a selfie, or a picture along your race route, and use the hashtag #PoliceinthePark5k
- Submit your results directly on RunSignUp.com
- You can submit your race time HERE on the Virtual Results page anytime until 9/10 11:59 PM.
View your Virtual Results HERE Monday after the Event Date.GROUPS & TEAMS
Grab your family, friends, and co-workers and participate as a team…you can score a great discount (5K Event only), and nothing will replace the additional fun.
- 5+: $2.50 off
- 11+: $3.75 off
- 21+: $5 off
- 51+: $6.25 off
- 100+: $7.50 off
FIVE STAR TURKEY TROT & CHAMPIONSHIPS
All participants will automatically qualify for (1) FREE entry into one of the 2022 Five Star Thanksgiving Turkey Trots. See event website
Top finishers will also have the opportunity to earn a spot in the Championships held in January 2023. The number of spots available is based on the total registration...see event website
EVENT COURTESY & REFUND POLICY
- Our events are designed to be fun for the entire family. With that in mind; any competitor, spectator, parent, volunteer, or sponsor, exhibiting unsportsmanlike
conduct or interfering with the positive, competitive atmosphere of the event will be asked to leave the venue and course immediately with no refunds.
- All registrations are final. There are no refunds, deferments, or transfers.
- Event will take place rain or shine. In the event of extreme weather, we will cancel for the safety of the participants...there are no refunds in this case.
- Participants that do not show up to race/event forfeit their right to any swag.
- No COVID-19 Refunds. If unforeseen circumstances arise due to COVID-19, including any Federal or State Health Emergency, refunds will not be provided. The event will go 100% Virtual & shirts will be shipped to participants.
- Deadline for shirt guarantee
- 8:00 am...Check In Opens
- 9:00 am...Race Starts