We're sorry, but this activity is over. The last meeting was Thursday, October 26, 2023.
Join this class to experience the latest proven physical interventions to reverse age-related disease processes, such as osteopenia and osteoporosis. The physical therapist-designed/supervised instructional class incorporates strengthening and loading techniques from the LIFTMOR (Lifting Intervention for Training Muscle and Osteoporosis Rehabilitation ) trial to safely improve bone geometry (structure and density) and physical function in women (and men – current ongoing study).
Exclusions for Strength Training for Bone Health and Vitality Class:
This class is geared towards men and women who wish to learn how to deter and reverse bone density loss. It is appropriate for those with no current bone loss as well as those with low and very low bone loss. Participants may NOT have:
· recent fracture (< 1 year),
· any joint replacement
· hip or leg surgery
· current injury
· uncontrolled cardiovascular or respiratory disease
· cognitive impairment
· a musculoskeletal or neurological impairment that would affect the ability to exercise
· recent radiation treatment
· recent Xray interventions
· dependence on an assistive device ( walker, cane, crutches, etc)
NBRC: Weight Room at North Boulder Recreation Center