We're sorry, but this course is over. The last meeting was Tuesday, June 14, 2022.
Large Scale Painting Instructor: Anatoliy Shapiro
Students will receive step-by-step instruction on how to create a large painting from
pictures and sketches. Image will be projected on canvas using an overhead projector,
enabling larger-scale proportions for painting. Composition will be discussed and
students will acquire a better understanding of methods, color and value as it applies
to their work. Painting media can include latex, acrylic and oil and should paint on
stretched canvas, 30 x 40 inches, or larger. Bring your ideas, references, such as
photographs and/or sketches to the FIRST class. Students in the BBAC facility are
required to wear a mask at all times.
1112.33.01.22 Level 2 & Up
Tuesdays, April 5 - June 14
12:30 pm - 3:30 pm, 11 sessions
$305 Members, $345 Guests
Large Scale Painting with Anatoliy Shapiro
Bring your references to the FIRST class sketches, pictures, other images you are
going to work from.
- Stretched canvas 30"x 40" or larger
- Drawing materials: graphite pencils, charcoal
- White and red erasers
- Sketch book 11"x17"
- Set of paints you prefer to work with - acrylic, tempera, oil
- Set of bristle and sable brushes sizes 2-24
- Big bristle brushes 2-3" wide to apply the background colors
- Palette knife
- Turpenoid for oil paint (no paint thinner or "odorless" paint thinner)
- Cleaning materials-rags, roll of paper towel
- Water containers (if using acrylic paint)
Studio 3 at BBAC Campus