Five Reasons to Race Challenge Barcelona Triathlon
Challenge Barcelona Triathlon takes place in the heart of one of world’s most spectacular cities with five distances to choose from, including a special showcase distance for some the sports most renowned elite athletes.
- Barcelona is considered one of the best cities in the world for its beauty, its architecture and gastronomy.
- Participate in the only triathlon where you can swim, bike and run through the streets and the beach of Barcelona city.
- The weather and the sea in autumn are ideal conditions for triathlon.
- Enjoy a few days of sports, family, leisure and gastronomy in the best possible place.
- Visit the different points of interest of the city such as the mythical Sagrada Familia by Gaudí.
Event details and schedule
About the Local Area
Barcelona has it all – outstanding architecture, incredible food and vibrant nightlife, plus beaches, the ocean and amazing shopping! The culture of this city is unforgettable. The possibilities are almost endless, ranging from popular options such as a stroll down Las Ramblas or traditional markets such as La Boquería, to relaxing moments on the city beaches or the many pavement cafés in the old town. You can even discover the city in an original way with Barcelona Tourist Office’s programme of tours. For more information visit https://www.barcelonaturisme.com/wv3/en/
About the Race
Challenge Barcelona Triathlon is a race for all levels and for the whole family, ideal for people starting out in triathlon as well as experienced people, because it offers five different distances and three categories (individual, relays and pairs)
The relay category (only available in the Olympic and Sprint distances) consists of teams formed by two or three athletes, each completing a segment of the race. Participate with your friends or your coworkers!
The pairs category (available for all distances) is made for all participants who want to face the challenge of completing a triathlon with a partner from the beginning to the end of the race. That is, the two people complete the race together, side by side, from swimming, cycling and finishing with the run to cross the finish line.
There are a six different distances:
- Short Distance (only pros): 1.500m swim + 60km bike + 15km run
- Olympic Distance: 1.500m swim + 40km bike + 10km run
- Sprint Distance: 750m swim + 20km bike + 5km run
- Supersprint Distance: 300m swim + 7km bike + 2,5km run
- Junior Challenge Distance: 300m swim + 7km bike + 1,5km run
- Aquathlon Distance: 750m swim + 5km run
Athletes will swim off the Mar Bella beach, protected by the breakwaters with views of the entire coastline of Barcelona and with the Olympic Port and Parc del Forum as the main elements.
The bike course runs along the wide avenues near the sea, a flat and fast route that will allow you to enjoy different iconic buildings of the city.
During the run course you will discover the promenade of Barcelona and you will feel the warmth and the atmosphere of the huge crowds.
The Tri Expo is the best meeting point for Challenge Barcelona Triathlon participants and any lover of triathlon or endurance sports. Here you can learn about the latest news from the brands in the swim, bike and run industries. Access to the Tri Expo is free for all public, that is, for participants, companions or anyone who likes sport and especially triathlon.