Internet Registration has not begun yet. Check Registration Dates in details.
This is it, the summer you have been waiting for. Your special needs child, friend, family member, or acquaintance can learn how to ride a two-wheeled bicycle without the need for adaptive devices. Apply today for a week they will never forget. Sign up to be a camper/rider opens on February 1, 2022.
How to register for Ican Bike:
- Complete the application at https://www.icanbikealpharetta.org/. Applications will be reviewed and those that get a spot in the camp will be provided the link to pay for camp. Applications are open on February 1, 2022.
- Pay your camp fee here. You will need to create an account and make the payment
Please Note: You must complete the application for iCan Bike at https://www.icanbikealpharetta.org/
Requirements for Participation (Riders must meet all of the below criteria):
- minimum age 8 years old
- Able to sidestep to both sides
- Have a disability
- Able to attend camp all 5 days
- Able to walk without assistive device
- Maximum weight 220 lbs
- Willing and able to wear a properly fitted bike helmet
- Minimum inseam of 20" (measure from floor while rider is wearing sneakers)
- One parent must be able to attend orientation on Sunday, June 19, 2022 at 3pm (time may change) at Alpharetta City Hall, 2 Park Plaza, Alpharetta, GA 30009
- Riders are expected to bring their own helmet during the entire camp
- Riders must bring their own bike from home by Wednesday of camp
Dropping-off riders at the program is not permitted. A parent, legal guardian or other adult authorized to take responsibility for the rider (e.g. another parent) must remain on site for duration of each day's 75-minute program.
Camp host: City of Alpharetta
Camp dates: June 20-24, 2022
Camp location: The Cooler/Alpharetta Family Skate Center 10800 Davis Drive Alpharetta, GA 30009
No refunds will be issued after May 1, 2022
The Cooler/Alpharetta Family Skate Center 10800 Davis Drive Alpharetta, GA 30009